Quick Tips on email sending
By Sébastien Wiertz,
I have quickly written down some tips on email sending. This is not an exhaustive list but I will complete it from time to time
|To, Cc, Bcc.
- To: People who must take the action
- Cc: People for information only.
- When you copy a lot of people (not a good practice), mark out why each people should care.
- Bcc: Avoid Bccing people
- Always include a meaningful subject in your email (People scan their email by subject)
- Use a subject line to summarize not to describe
- Be Concise and to the point. Message should be short.
- Do not type in CAPITALS. It is considered to be shouting and is generally classed as unacceptable.
- Avoid using large font, colour features and any form of graphics unnecessarily. Use plain text for most correspondence unless formatting is required.
- If you need to send a large attachment to a large number of people then consider putting the message or attachment in the Portal, then just email them the link
- Limit the number of files you attach to a message to five or fewer.
- Don’t attach large files to an e-mail; anything over one or two megabytes shouldn’t be sent via e-mail.
- E-mail should not be used for transferring Personal, confidential, classified information.
Leave a Reply